Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Miss List & Updates...

Hmmm. I'm not even sure how many days left. It hasn't even sunk in. All I can think about is leaving, though. Getting out of this little island from hell. But maybe I shouldn't be counting down the days, instead just living in the moment because whether I count down the days or not, I'll be leaving soon enough. A bit cliche but whateverrrr.

It's a rainy day here in Alaska. Typical. So here I am sitting inside bloggin about me pre-departure self. I'm mucho bored if you haven't figured out yet. I'll be away from home for a year, dumped into a foreign and unfamiliar place where not even the language I hear will be the same as my own. And yet, as I think about all this, like the fact that I'll be a million miles from home, I still don't have buttereflies in my stomach. I don't even feel nervous, scared, or just plain sad. Give it time though, I'll probably start hyperventilating on the plane =) All this I'm-not-sad talk kinda makes me feel guilty. like on the guilt scale of 1-10, i'm about a 7. As a result of my 7, I am making a list of everything i will miss from Alaska. That outta bring out some emotions...:

Fishing with the fam
Sunny summer Sitka days
Jack
My dog
Katie
Cayla
Salmon, halibut, dungeness, alaska food...
Sledding on Cascade
Christmas
Late night bike rides
Camping at Alan Point
Four wheeling
Dad's cooking
MTV
Degrassi... haha
All my Edgekimos
MEHS
Sleepovers with the gang
Hanging with Katie and Benjamin =)
Hanging with Cayla and Lil' Rodriguez =)
Junior Prom
Hottub parties
Alaska winters
Alaska summers...
Tanning on the dugout

There ya go. The guilt notch has been turned down. I'm now about a 3 on the guilt scale. I just had to realze everything I'm leaving behind. It's comletely worth it though, and I have no doubts or regrets. Making this list did branch into making another one of course...:

EVERYTHING I WON'T MISS:
The rain. I hate it with a passion
Smal town Sitka
Overcast days
Nothing to do on the weekends
Being bored
Working
Americans and their supernatural ability to become morbidly obese. It's a complete embarrassment that gives the U.S. a bad name. C'mon people, put down the burger and eat some tofu.
A strict society
Tights-ass pollice officer desperately needing to loosen up
U.S. schools
Cafeteria Food
Mega loads of Homework in English 3
The dorms
The smell of the dorms
Brown bears. Yikes!!!

And when I do leave for Argentina, I'm sure many things will be added to both lists. In the mean time I will be spending mindless hours on the internet, refreshing my AFS account every five minutes in hopes of seeing available information on my host family. I don't know anything yet; it's driving me quite insane. I'll have to keep myself busy by myspacin and trying to cram as much espanol into my brain as possible. Adios!!

-Maryyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment